The Imperial Army of Okassis - or, 'Dude! Where's your miniatures?'


It was brought to my attention few weeks ago that so far, I haven't actually posted up any photos of my miniatures to my own blog (oops!) - I thought the beginning of the new year was opportune time to start changing that. A good friend has recently started building a Death Guard army and in turn, I was going to start work on some plans that I'd had for a Thousand Sons force: a sort of slow-grow affair whereby we'd set fortnightly deadlines of what was going to be built. The excitement got to him a bit, though, and he sped off and started building his army straight away. I realised over Christmas, though, too, that the last thing that I needed to do was start another army, and instead I've returned to a force which is about halfway through to completion - my Imperial Guard army. 

I love the Imperium in all it's soul-crushing fascist glory and I started building this army, to my shame, about four or five years ago (I work very slowly) in order to expand my Witchhunters force. The joy of building a Guard army for me, is that I get to work on a number of various different personalities and odd-bods alongside the men and women that make up the rank and file of the army itself, meaning that I don't get too bored; I find completing squads really tough as I get a bit bored batch painting - if I can work on a squad of Guardsmen at the same time as working on an individual miniature then it breaks up the monotony a bit and makes completing tasks a bit more achievable. The Imperium, being a vast and complex organism, contains so many different archetypes - from Inquisitors to Navigators to Adepts, Priests and Psykers (most of which can now be worked into the army list due to the current Codex) - that it's one of the easiest forces to style to your vision of the 41st millennium, and the army is shaping up to be a darkly characterful force.  

I won't say too much more about the army this evening as I wanted to keep this brief: instead, I thought I'd let you know what I'm up to at the moment, and give you a quick image of the colour scheme of the force. The colour recognition on my camera isn't amazing, but I've been using that as an excuse to procrastinate whilst I wait for a new iphone. Anyway, here's a quick snap of the first of many Guardsmen - my Basilisk operator:






6 comments:

  1. From what I can see, that's a nice scheme. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh vostroyans !!yep clean & dark with nice white blues for contrast.. good stuff , you have more patience than me , i have bottled doing a proper guard army, batch painting would kill it for me. good luck getting the rest finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers, guys: yep, one down about fifty-eight more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to getting properly stuck into the Death Guard in a major slow-grow kind of way. Only glued a few together and under-coated them so far. Probably the first time ever I'm mucking about with colours on spare parts before I actually put them onto an actual model...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, they're beautiful miniatures so you may as well take your time and get them exactly as you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished the base coats on the test pieces (half torsos from terminator sprue). Some already look better than others, but they are realistically quite similar. Reckon I'll probably take 'em up as far as I can and see how they look before I actually take the plunge and apply anything to a model.

    In other news I made my first ever wet palette this evening. Surprised and pleased with the results from a very simple and easy to make painting aid. I'm now wondering why I never bothered ages ago!!

    ReplyDelete