Okassis colour scheme - pt.2: Tanks!

Here's the second part of the colour scheme for the Imperial Guard army that I outlined yesterday: the troops are painted in a dark brass armour with blue jackets and white trousers/furs. To compliment this, I've opted to paint the tanks (where would an Imperial Guard army be without tanks?!) in a brass-bronze with blue 'paintwork' trim. Rather than paint the tanks in a kind of camouflage, or paint the tanks so that they look 'painted' in-game, I've decided to depict them as lumbering metal behemoths - like iron giants. 


More on the ideas behind the army later this week, though - for now just another snap. 


(A quick word on the photos: I've been dragging my heels for ages about posting any photos because my camera isn't amazing... I need to get a better one... I need to set up a little photo-box with a white background... etc, etc - this could have gone on for ages, though, so instead, I thought I may as well just start somewhere and these quick snaps should be good enough to give a general impression before I post up some better shots at a later date. They're a little dark, but hopefully you can live with that for now). 


Genevieve, Basilisk of the Imperialen Army of Okassis (work in progress) :




9 comments:

  1. Is that a metallic kind of blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phiq, no - it's just a flat blue, but I wanted the blue areas to look like chipped enameling or some kind of metal paint (like hammerite). A lot of the base metal underneath the blue is visible, and the front plate (which is now largely finished) has been given a gloss sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks boss. Kind of almost looks a bit powder-coated. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - looking at it, some of that might be dust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Well, if it is, you should find a way of keeping it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might just varnish it in place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work and nice photos mate.

    ReplyDelete