Inq28: New retinue.

I should be in the library or my studio by now, but have been distracted by starting to collate the pieces I'll be using for a new Inquisitor and members of her retinue. A few quick images to follow, but by word of explanation, I've decided to keep this retinue relatively simple - no elaborate conversions, just a few head-swaps and other additions here and there.

I've decided to go for a Imperial Noble/courtly theme, and to reflect that, I'm using some members of the higher echelons of Imperial life - in game, this will mean that the retinue aren't particularly 'fighty', but are more inclined to the cerebral: investigative work, subterfuge, espionage and uncovering heresy within the upper classes. With this in mind, the retinue has a Arbitration bent - the Enforcer will be a Judge, and I'll convert the Witch Hunter into a Magistrate. I'm also waiting on a few other pieces to arrive to build a Slate Agent, who (along with the cherub and the Navigator-to-be) will be utilised for spying. And of course, all nobles need a good assassin (currently without arms) in their employ.

The Inquisitor herself will be a Noble and a former augmenticist which should give her some interesting in-game rules, if I can translate them effectively from FFG's Rogue Trader into =][=, and to figure out how to model these modifications without simply just leaving her as an unconverted Isabella Von Carestein (even if this would work).



9 comments:

  1. I dig the Greatsword head on the Enforcer. I had been thinking of ways to make that figure look more like the classic models.

    What is that Assassin figure? It looks vaguely familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow wow and wow.. Nobles! yippee my fave 40k thing ..these have a great classic vibe mate , I like that you are not over converting them , these models are lovely and need nothing added really. , I agree the judge head swap is cool though.. as is the basing.. I too wonder what that assassin figure is ? and what lies in store for the navigator..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon gents.

    The assassin is from Dark Age miniatures: http://dark-age.com/shop/skarrd-skarrd-saber-1.html I've never been sure if I actually like this miniature (although I love most of their others), but I think she looks sufficiently different to the other personae that she may well work - although I might give her a head swap yet, I'm not sure.

    The greatsword head works really well, the back lip of the helmet tips the head forward making him look as if it's looking down to his auspex. Besides, he looks more like Judge Dredd now, too. I have the crested helm of the old 2nd edition Judge that I was also thinking about using but this works far better.

    The Navigator will be the most converted: I'm trying to make it look like Peter's, without it simply just being a copy (as hard a that'll be given that his conversion was pretty much spot on). I'm going to rifle through some other books before heading off to work tonight, though, in case I decide to take him to a completely different place, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice set of canvases to work on. I like the head-switch to the enforcer, he'll make a good Judge and yes, very Judge Dredd.

    Hope the WitchHunter gets a little conversion work. He's a nice fig, but needs some changes to make him less "fantasy" imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he'll have a bit, but not too much - a head swap, I think: I wouldn't mind trying to give him a powdered wig, but I'm not sure that I could sculpt one effectively.

      Delete
  5. It'd be cool to see these on Ammobunker too ;) - I only caught them by accident!

    I'm liking the vibe thus far, though the FW event Enforcer doesn't look ornate enough to be a Judge, in my opinion. Still, I'm prepared to be amazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mol; yes, I might set up a plog over there. Where are you detailing all of your Helios sector things?

      Delete
  6. These are going to be awesome, Tim.

    I've already started thinking about what I'd like to include in my little team...

    Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Tone.

    Excellent - what's on your mind? Are you still planning to use the Nurgle preacher? I have some thoughts on using him that I was thinking of running by you.

    ReplyDelete