Adeptus Imago & First Point of Aries.


I lost an entire week last week, having been laid up in bed with what seems to have been some kind of flu. Weirdly, it was unlike any illness I've ever experienced before as it cut through to the bone and induced a weird kind of narcolepsy. I only wish it'd brought some moment of great feverish revelation, but sadly I just felt like shit. Thankfully, though, that's one of the strengths of the internet: someone else has already been collating these moments of feverish revelation for us all. Mr.Phiq, the man behind the extraordinary John Blanche archive Gothic Punk, has started a secondary archive called Adeptus Imago, which he's said that he's hoping becomes the "go-to, mega-pile of inspiration I want it to be". I think it's already shaping up to become just that - apparently he was partly inspired by my Life in the Imperium series, but the collection already far outstrips that, my favourite image so far being the Schikaneder painting above. 

Also of note is a blog I found this morning on checking a new follower: First Point of Aries. Just the one post so far, but what an opener - and a fascinating explanatory sidebar. I'm looking forward to seeing where this blog goes.

I'm back off to Nottingham this coming Saturday to once again take up the mantle of JRN's Inquisitor Thaddeus Velk in the second part of the mass Inq28 INQvitational. I'm also looking forward to checking out this exhibition of Haitian Voudou art works at Nottingham Contemporary whilst I'm there. A mountain to shift between now and next weekend, though.

13 comments:

  1. Glad to be of service, Mr Fulgrim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great collection already. You should ask Neil if you can take some things from his Gimme Bar and add them there.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff and thanks for the heads up on mr Phiqs great inspiration blog , loads of cool images in their..keep it up MR Phiq ! Of course none of the images I collect I own so feel free to share .. I know I will be taking some of those images myself.


    Really looking forward to The FOPA blog , Stefan is an extraordinary talented Guy.. with a sensitive soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd just noticed the comments on the first post - was a bit late to the party!

      Delete
    2. Haha Neil, I regularly raid your Gimme Bar. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Sorry your unwell mate .. and thanks for the contemporary nots arty heads up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a lot better now, Neil, ta. You're welcome to join me to the museum, too - I'll be leaving WHW about 4pm to head over there for a couple of hours.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful stuff!
    Adeptus Imago is amazing idea! Im sure It will become my new favourite - thanks Phiq!

    You guys have fun at the Inq28 meet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great resource!

    Hope you are feeling better, lad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more to add to the "glad you are better, sorry you were sick" well wishes message collection.

    Lovely links indeed, thank you for sharing.

    I am only a little jealous of you getting a 2nd round in @ INQ28. I hope you can share some pics of this musseum trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the heads up Fulgrim. I am very honoured!

    The second post will be up in one of the coming days :)

    The Adeptus Imago-link is such a great resource. I look forward to see it develop. Your 'Life in the Imperium'-posts fits right in there.

    ReplyDelete