'The Relic Walker beyond the Eternity Gate', & others.

Last week, my attention was brought to these photographs of this stunning miniature on DakkaDakka and I thought I'd share them here along with some further examples of this amazing work. I only know the person through his dakka username, Fufu*, so can't accredit him properly, but in just three threads, I was staggered and slightly crushed by the incredible realisation and execution of these visions:

*Edit - Dave Taylor has kindly pointed out that these are all by Stéphane Giraud.



This is the Relic Walker beyond the Eternity Gate, a bizarre fusion of images by Joh Blanche and HR Giger - I absolutely love this thing, it's a superb use of bits and an excellent nightmarish vision of antiquated Imperial technology from holiest Terra.

Further to this, though, Fufu has a few more delights on Dakka - from incredible reliquary engines, to sublime Imperial personalities, to grotesque Adeptus Mechanicus operatives - check these things out:






Absolutely glorious. There's a list of threads, with further images and detail photos here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/recentTopics/showTopicsByUser/68872.page

17 comments:

  1. His name is Stephane Giraud, and you've scooped me on spotlighting him (but that's my own lazy fault).

    His work really captures the John Blanche style.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. I recognise that name for some reason, too.

      Hey! I left it a week :)

      Delete
    2. After he saw my Admekrepairrume, Stephane got in touch with me and linked me to pics of his work on Dakka. It was one of those "Gah, someone else has done it before me and so much closer to the source material than me" kind of moments. He does some very evocative work. : )

      Delete
  2. Those Martian Adeptus are cross breed of John Blanche and Lynch Dune navigators to them
    (I hate that movie for its screenplay but I adore it for visuals)

    Rest is splendid too.
    I love how he crosses multiple sources of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely glorious indeed. I am stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too amazing, it's always a bit depressing when you see a true master and realize just how far behind you are. Truly inspiring stuff, time to start pushing some boundaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love stéphane'S work totally bonkers and unparalleled imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I saw all these last week and had a bit of a moment where I felt everything I'd ever done was incredibly pedestrian and amateurish. I feel a bit better this week, but they're such incredible things - really masterful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel whenever I see most yours, or JB/Migs/PDH/Spikeyratpack/Neil101's stuff.

      I'll never get to that level of clever, but I'll try. :)

      Stephane's creations are simply amazing.

      Delete
  7. Yep ! Thanks for kinds words about my work all guys. I m so touched in particular because you are alls great artist than I know by name and works since a long time (Blanche in person said some kind words about you). A spécial thank to Neil, he has inspired me so much with his fantastic Oracle than I can't stop to create some strange things since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure, Stéphane. These creations are so incredible.

      Thanks for the kind words, too!

      Delete
    2. Too kind Stephane , your oracle is much more faithful to Mr blanches artwork mate. really like the horse head guy with the syringe its blimming genius.

      Delete
  8. Oh u speak about my "Mechanicum's Callidus", very very inspired by the work of Jacok Nielsen with Duchess of Death. My little trend with plagiarism like with you and JB , lol...I can't resist when my eyes fall on pictures so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought as much ;-), but the syringe is great also , it reminds me of a jb sketch in inquis exterminatus something I am considering doing myself actually.

      Delete
  9. Yep Fulgrim, your encouragements give me a boost to finish my last add to the "Family from Mars" : ) Hop you like :

    http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/484241-GrandFa%20on%20shoulders%20of%20Oncle%20Bob.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, Stéphane - I love his parasol.

      Delete