Fulgrim rising.



Evening all. Apologies for the prolonged period of absence - things have been very busy here and it's time to break my silence. Hasn't been a bad week to be the Emperor's favourite son, as she who thirsts is smiling upon us. Firstly, Forge World have announced the forthcoming release of a beautiful sculpt of the Emperor's Children Primarch as part of their Horus Heresy character series - further images of which were released yesterday following the Horus Heresy weekender. It's absolutely stunning: Simon Egan's done such an excellent job of capturing both the majesty and raw power of this character in a really dynamic pose - I absolutely love it.

Now, on to the other Fulgrim - that being me - I'm pleased to announce that I've been offered a role at GW HQ and have happily accepted. So, all being well, I shall be leaving London and heading to the midlands in the next few weeks. I'm really excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to taking up the job and getting stuck in, although I'm not going to say anything further about what the position is (so please don't ask). What this will mean for Isstvan, however, I haven't decided as yet, but at the very least, it'll mean a further break in service, possibly up until our Realms of Chaos meeting in July.

Meanwhile, I'd like to say a quick thanks to Neil, Peter, Rise of the Magi, Tears of Envy and JB for all their help and support over the past few months - and naturally, to everyone reading, commenting and discussing the rich background of this magnificent hobby and having made keeping this blog one of the most joyous pastimes I've ever had.

-May the Emperor protect.

26 comments:

  1. Good on ya, mate!
    All the best for the new job. I shall eagerly await the time when you'll be able to tell us more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure ive commented at least once that gw NEEDED to give you a job!!!!
    They need people like you on board who have an innate grasp of what makes the 40k background so special.
    Congratulations, seriously. After all the bad things you read about gw on the net, its great to see a genuinley talented writer and hobbyist getting to do what they love for a living! ( at this point Im assuming youve not been offered a role as bugmans bars cleaner)
    All the best in your new role. If its a creative one im seriously looking forward to the results!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best in your new role Fulgrim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew dude, great news! Whatever your new position is, I'm sure your good taste will prove itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly hope GW realises the talent they are bringing on and do NOT shackle your creative outbursts to their current mostly-made-for-kids model.

    Super excited for you mate!

    ¡Muchas felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im 65 in a few months - feel like a kid when i get a new mini but have never drawn for kids - the sculptors never sculpt for them either .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good reply.

      Sadly, utterly futile ;)

      Delete
    2. You haven't John, but there's plenty who have. Just one example - I direct your attention to the ludicrous looking new Khorne Apoc daemon engine thing from the cover of the soontobereleased White Dwarf. Looks like it was designed by a 12 year old to appeal to 12 year olds.

      Delete
  7. Well, that's fabulous news! Congratulations, mate! Unless they hired you as an accountant, I expect you to try and inject some Yggdrassilliumme style madness into everything you do at GW (come to think of it, that could be especially fun if they actually DID hire you as an accountant ;) ).

    Anyway, all the best!

    On a somewhat less cheerful note, you are actually the third blogger whose blog I enjoy and who gets hired by GW -- they may actually have a long-term plan of totally ruining my online experience. Thank you very much, GW Headquarters! ;)

    Cheers,

    KS

    P.S. @ JB: Ah, I've often seen that particular piece of criticism leveled at GW, since some of the more recent models seem to be less ...erm "explicit" than their older counterparts. Apart from a lack of T&A of the new plastic daemonettes, however, I've never felt like any of the GW stuff was designed to be especially child-friendly ;) And you, of all people, are certainly beyond reproach in that particular respect, John ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you all the best :)
    Although I will miss your stuff here, but we need people like you in GW.

    Godspeed

    Janus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I don't think there is much to add. I'm definitely very saddened to see you leave Isstvan, but I hope it's not farewell. Please don't delete the blog! Congratulations on your New job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck. Means you've got less excuses at not being around for Inqvitationals though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they did almost hire my dad as an accountant many many years ago.

      Delete
    2. Haha - true - I have a good excuse for June, though, right?

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! And good luck!

    Would love to see your contributions to the GW oeuvre.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks once again for all the well-wishes, everyone; I'm really honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratz from Denmark. That is really great news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More congratulations from Denmark :)

    That is probably one of the most clever moves from GW for a long time! I hope GW will manage to make good use of your extreme flair for evoking 40K and Fantasy atmospheres.

    Best, Stefan/FPOA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks very much, gents. I'm really excited. Have been a bit frazzled sorting everything out so not had much chance to check in here, but thank you - I'm really humbled by all your well-wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations dude! Very curious to see what you'll be up to!

    I notice rumours popping up about a possible 40k skirmish game, ala =I=Munda, got anything to do with that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your position with GW. Looking forwarding to hearing and seeing your work with them when the time is right. Your hobby work is truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yo, T!
    I've nominated you for a Leibster Award.
    http://miasma-of-pestilence.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete